Week 8 Comments and Feedback

What I've noticed about the feedback that I have received on my stories is that it is largely mechanics related. Oftentimes, there will be a slight grammatical mistake that I may not catch on my proofreading. This isn't a huge deal but can really take the reader out of immersion. I think I need to just start proofreading twice to try to catch these things.

I try to provide helpful and encouraging feedback, definitely focusing on a what-if style. For me, I find myself pinpointing what exactly I liked about the story and expressing that t the author. Then, I will ask questions or make suggestions on how the story can be expanded further in that area.

I definitely feel that I have gotten to know people in this class through their blog posts! Whether that be by teaching me about their heritage or expressing one of their hobbies in a story, there is certainly a sense of familiarity from reading people's stories throughout the weeks after reading their introduction.

Moving forward, I want to make sure that I am able to comment on each classmate's blog, storybook, or portfolio at least once. That way, I'll have an idea of what everybody has done. However, there have been a lot of projects that have really caught my interest that I want to stick with and see how they pan out.


Cat playing with a scratching post. Source: Growth Mindset Memes

I like this Feedback Cat a lot because it describes my general sentiment for this class. Not once have I felt discouraged about writing a story, and all feedback has been a push to make me actually want to improve my writing! That is definitely an environment where creativity can flourish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Andrew the CS Major

Week 9 Story: Mr. Tanuki's Heist