Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Homer's Iliad

Week 4: Adam and Eve

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egypt

Week 6: Arabian Nights

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Japanese Mythology

Week 9: Ozaki

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Cherokee

Week 11: Hero Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Beowulf

Week 13: King Arthur

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Russian

Week 15: Inferno
story illustration

The Goddess Isis. Source: The Secret Name of Ra

I am so excited for weeks 7 and 9 because I'm really interested in Japanese mythology and folklore. One thing that surprised me is that when I saw the opportunity to read Celtic folklore I thought I would immediately jump on that, but after looking through the options I went for two British units. Also, I am excited about the Ancient Egypt, Arabian Nights, and Russian units. My dad was born in Egypt but comes from a Palestinian family, and my mom is Ukrainian, so I feel like these units would be really cool to share with them as they may have heard these stories in their childhoods.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Andrew the CS Major

Week 3 Story: Pig Out