My Favorite Place: Chieri, Italy


While most of my life has been spent living in Fairfax, VA, a suburb of Washington D.C., I spent one year living in Chieri, Italy in the seventh grade. Chieri is a municipality near the city of Turin, resembling something between a city and a town.
Panorama of Chieri. Source: Wikipedia
What I love most about Chieri is how simple and peaceful, yet beautiful it is. I spent a lot of time exploring the town on my bike or visiting the local market while walking my dog. Looking back at pictures of my family and me in Chieri, I can't help but be flooded with a sense of nostalgia. I'm planning on visiting Italy again after I graduate, and I will definitely make sure to stop by Chieri!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, a whole year in Chieri: how wonderful, Andrew! I did a lot of my grad school work in Siena, and one of the other students there was from Turino, but I never got a chance to go there. Maybe someday! I hope you will get to go back soon... and maybe for this class, you will want to explore the wonderful world of Italian storytelling! Here are some collections of Italian stories online at the Freebookapalooza: Italian books. I wish we could magically visit Italy as a field trip... but books will have to suffice for this semester. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andrew!

    Chieri looks amazing and I'm so jealous that you had the opportunity to spend a year there! I have never been out of the country, but I am planning on taking a trip to Europe this Summer once I graduate and now I want to make a stop there. I bet living there was such a great life experience and I'm happy I got to read a little about it from your perspective!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Andrew the CS Major

Week 3 Story: Pig Out